Monday, June 15, 2009

American Girl

I prettied myself up a bit - getting dressed up for a moment so memorable like this
Feeling of Awe and just pure happiness, bliss...
Colorless faces line the streets of the world screaming the names of our new 44th HNIC 
His wife Michelle and those two amazing little heart breakers to be
You only could have guessed but there's 1 man/father/creator that always knew
God's plan came alive today amongst the land of the Red, White and Blue
The son of God was given Mr. Jesus Christ himself and Jesus decided to send us a little more, much needed help
Barack Hussien Obama is this wonderful man's name
Change has begun @ this moment
Nothing already feels the same
I'm still teary eyed, smiley faced with a overjoyed filled soul
Loving the whites, Asians, Latinos, blacks, etc screaming and acting positively out of control
Martin I know ure proud 
Malcom, Ghandi, Marcus just to name a few
I don't think there are any Americans that are more happy to be apart of the American Red, White and Blue
New beginnings, New possibilities, New days, New nights
New loves as well as defeating New fights
But the hope is there and it will change ur way of life even without u knowing
God u delivered no clouds, no rain just Sun 
It wasn't even snowing
Eventhough the temps were low, the heat of the moment warmed all hearts 
I give it up to all the millions that stood in the streets to be a part
I watched from LIC cheering w/ 3 of my fave
Just admiring the country of the brave
This is the one day that we can shout out we are closer to being a nation that's one
So brace urself because the changes will pour in hun
I'm backing the confidence and ambition that our leader portrays
Time to get off our asses and make a difference in this new world
Welcome to a colorless beginning for every little boy and little girl
When God speaks I suggest u listen up with both ears
Because right now every face should be filled w/ nothing but happiness tears 
I belong to God and now feel some sort of belonging to this world
I re-introduce myself as a true American Girl

~Nia~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a little of the thoughts that are brewing in your brain after reading my words...