Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl

I smell your tears
I hear your cries
Even though I'm days away
People still join our lives
Some touch gently
Some hurt hard
No matter the feeling
To feel is all that plays the part
I want you to cheer
I want you to smile
Even it takes sending a child like circus clown
Better days crowd into 1 big wish
And we all know how much you yearn for that so... needed birthday kiss
But the man upstairs screams out loud
He's the one we all need around
Even though sand didn't decorate our toes
Or dancing on the bar spilling drinks on our clothes
Hasn't occured this time
And it feels like your heart continues to commit the same ol' crime
Love is still around
and glitz is not always needed
Friendship can be the word repeated
As long as I got my sainty
We're good to go
Because better days will come
And believe me Babe I'm the one to know
Love you girl
Let me toast for you
Since down is your mood
Believe me birthday girl you're well understood
Take your time
You're get right back
I was always told women of color don't crack
We're here for you
Whether military time is your clock
Or whether the bed right now is your spot
But smile anyway
You made it another year
And there's reasoning behind
Even if right now is hard to bare
I'm reciting these words because my Lord asked me to give
And to explain how one of the purposes of our lives
Is just to live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a little of the thoughts that are brewing in your brain after reading my words...