Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Hole

The Hole
 
I chaise lay, mermaid posed just wondering
WHAT NEXT
Why must love have a pause button
I don't want to keep rewinding my brief good-times
Good-times are timeless
A grandfather clock ticks somewhere far from this land
The land my great, great, great, grandparents arrived too stages ago
I bet it ticks on, not back
I want my love to play out
Just leap from one smile scene to the next
Flustered feelings as he peers into my bite size pupils
How can I be smitten for this long
I thought that term was a phase
Twenty-eight candles rested on my Velvet Cake
As I see myself guitar playing happy birthday back @ me
If I throw away the remotes will my Cinderella story play out
Glass-shoed dreams of him finding me somewhere in the attic of pain
Saving me one day @ a time
Pearly white sails yachting into the beautiful blue
Still index fingered on the play button
Even in the starlit night as I watch him
Freckled nosed even hands and red chinned hairs
What else can my blood pulsating heart bear
If I'm this deep today
How far can I get before you dig me out
 
P.Olay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a little of the thoughts that are brewing in your brain after reading my words...