Thursday, February 14, 2008

I want Lillies

I want Lillies

Today was a peculiar day for a girlie like me
And array of African cultured scents filled the streets of my Old York
A scent clearly not to my liking
But he or it shadowed me throughout this couple day
Never in my life have I seen so many flowers handled by Man
Did someone die I thought
I usually see the flowers being moved around graves
The petals of fallen roses decorated the station steps as I stepped down
Where is Ahkeem???
Appeared in my mind...
The theme "Flower day" was more like it
And expression of his deep, hard-felt true Love
The weak, the tough, the small, the tall all displayed this inexpensive thoughtful gift to the various ladies of their lives
But all I wanted were Lillies
Yellow ones if you may
Simple Spring non-Valentine flowers
My name isn't Rose
I'm no member of the 2.14 lovers club My day is just a breath away
I just wanted Lillies
Just to take my mind off the cold winds that Old York just keeps having to offer
But he said, they didn't have them
And no goose chase for you
I love you but you're not my love
Which is fine because one can't be on another's money mind all the time
Yes I'm spoil but I've done that to self of late
Shit last year I've paid for dates
But not in this year
Not for a nut and a momentary smile
I tell you it isn't worth it now
As my nose takes a rest from the African oil scents and the Valentine love mist
I'm just happy to Bathe
And say I've survived yet another day
I don't require gifts to speak love into my ears
I'd rather the I made it thru another year tears
The clock really begins today
My 28 is a mere 28days away
But shit I did want Lillies

P.Olay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a little of the thoughts that are brewing in your brain after reading my words...