Monday, January 28, 2008

Waitress

Waitress

Twenty Eight days in and still stuck in the same position
I no longer want to wait on tables of love
Serving up self, time and time again
1st course
2nd course
3rd
Shit I've given 7 course meals out to some
Even if my friends have been tipping wellI haven't taken any of their opinions into consideration
I want to fight for love
But it just wasn't enough to help me survive
Same meal every night
Goodnight my love
I love you
And the universe seems to have blocked the delivery
Maybe what I placed before him is not what he's eating
Well today I quit
My waitress duties are done
I'm going to run with the tips that I've earned
I need a new job anyhow
Waiting was never going to cut it
I dream too big for this
Talent pinch me hard
I'm taking my show back on the road
The story I once lived was majestical
But baby the book is closed
Applaud me as I bow
Dorothy dropped a house on me last night
Ding Dong the waitress is dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a little of the thoughts that are brewing in your brain after reading my words...